Located at the foot of the Morainic Hills, the town of Guidizzolo was the object of much contention between the ruling families of Mantua and Brescia; on 24 August 1216 representatives of these dynasties finally signed an important peace treaty in this town.

Guidizzolo

"Located at the foot of the Morainic Hills, the town of Guidizzolo was the object of much contention between the ruling families of Mantua and Brescia; on 24 August 1216 representatives of these dynasties finally signed an important peace treaty in this town. Guidizzolo's artistic and cultural treasures are to be found within the small historical centre, with the ancient 18th century parish church being the main site of interest. Of more recent construction is the Town Tower, built in 1911 on the site of the previous tower which collapsed in 1870 and was later demolished in 1875. Landmarks in the town centre include the stately Palazzo Rizzini once the home of local nobility and now housing the town council offices, and Palazzo Pezzati, now home to a bank.
On the outskirts of the town heading towards the rural ward of Birbesi stands the Romanesque Saint Lawrence Oratory, a gabled building of understated elegance dating to the 12th century.
The town enjoys a busy theatre season and other cultural events staged in the local theatre, which was renovated and reopened on 29 October 2000. Throughout the year there are no end of interesting things to do, including festivals and street fairs, many held from July to October."

Patron Saint: Our Lady of the Rosary
Weekly market: Wednesday (8:00 – 13:00) in Via Vittorio Veneto and Via IV Novembre